Tenorio River Rafting is an adrenaline experience that you will hardly forget, this adventure takes you to enjoy the Tenorio Whitewater Rafting Class III & IV. This is one of the best rivers in Costa Rica for this activity and the only Guanacaste River Rafting of its kind.
Tenorio River Rafting will test your courage for about two hours with its rapids class III and IV, for experienced rafters, this trip is a must. Its continued challenges await you as you plunge through twists, turns, and drops down 8 miles of intense, challenging rapids. All participants must be in good physical condition.
Once at the operation center, we’ll hit the road and go to the river, located 30 minutes away. The drive takes you to the highlands near Bijagua, the landscapes along the way are amazing and you can see the change of climates in just a minutes kilometers drive. The second part takes you by a cattle ranch and the road can be a little shaky before arrive on at the departure area.
There the team of guides will have the safety equipment ready (life jackets, helmets, and paddles). As well you will receive the safety talk before departing with all the instructions to follow along the ride. Tenorio River Rafting trip lasts 2.5 hours and includes a river snack at the end; fresh fruits, cookies, natural beverages, and water will be served. After the snack, you will make 55 minutes drive to get to the operation center. There you will have a delicious hot lunch waiting, also you are able to use the changing rooms.
Tenorio River Rafting has everything on it, you can find a 12 feet drop (class V), one of its kind. It is important to mention that both this drop and some of the most intense rapids weather can or not run. Letting you this way, take only specific challenges. Due to its strategic location, this is a pure magic trip, unsurpassed beauty, and stunning wildlife scenery that will take your breath away. Participants are provided with the necessary safety equipment, always in perfect conditions, to make this tour a great but safe experience.
Tenorio River Whitewater Rafting departs daily from all hotels in Guanacaste, including hotels in Playas del Coco, Ocotal, Playa Hermosa and Riu Guanacaste Hotels. As well we at Papagayo Gulf as Andaz Papagayo, Four Seasons Costa Rica and Planet Hollywood Costa Rica. We also pick up at Tamarindo Beach, Playa Potrero, Flamingo, Conchal and Langosta.
Rates Tenorio River Rafting Tour
|From Playas del Coco, Playa Hermosa, Ocotal, Riu Guanacaste Hotels, Secrets Papagayo, Occidental Papagayo, Mangroove Resort, Villas Sol||$130 p.p|
|Planet Hollywood Guanacaste, Andaz Papagayo, Four Seasons Peninsula||$145 p.p|
|From Tamarindo, Flamingo, Conchal, and Potrero||$150 p.p|
- Daily departures.
- Children over 13 years old.
- Tour operates with 2 people minimum.
- Professional Equipment.
- Bilingual Guides.
- Lunch and Snacks.
- Bottled Water, and fruit juice.
- Security Kayaker.
What to bring: A camera, extra clothes, a swimsuit, hiking shoes or tennis, strap sandals, rain gear, insect repellent, binoculars, plastic bag & towel.
Departure: 7.30 am
Duration: 8 Hours approx.
Note: Tenorio River Rafting runs throughout all the year, in the summertime current and level of the river can be a little low and slow, depending on the weather conditions. during the rainy season and as the weather conditions are much rainier in the mountains, the level and speed of the river increase considerably.
Tenorio River Rafting Policies
- Tours reserved less than 48 hours before departure must be paid immediately.
- Cancelations made 72 hours before the tour are 100% refundable, bank fees apply.
- Cancelations between 72 – 48 hours are 50% refundable. Bank fees apply.
- Cancelations made within 48- 24 hours or less are not refundable.
- Non-Shows and last-minute cancellations are not refundable.
- Change of date must be done at least 48 hours before the tour, during office hours (8 am-5 pm). Penalties apply. Subject to availability.
- We do not accept guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs. No refund will apply.
- Driver and Tour Guide Tips are not included.
- If for some natural disaster, or human manifestation we have to cancel the tour, this will be rescheduled for a day of your convenience, or we will make the pertinent money refund. Clients’ safety is a priority for us.
- We are not responsible for any luggage or personal valuables lost or damaged during the tour. Please take care of your personals during the tour.