Nicaragua One Day Tour from Guanacaste is an excellent option to discover a different culture, gastronomy, and architecture in a one-day trip. Nicaragua is a beautiful country full of colors, active volcanoes, and colonial towns, some of the oldest in Latin America, founded in 1524. This is the perfect way to discover Nicaragua in just one day!
Nicaragua One Day Tour from Guanacaste starts early in the morning, heading to Peñas Blancas, where the border between Costa Rica and Nicaragua is located. Once on the border, your guide will help you with all the paperwork. He will take your passports to proceed with the paperwork at both borders. You can visit the duty-free shops where you will find electronic items, clothing, liquor, and other products free of taxes.
Just 10 minutes after crossing the border, you will visit the shores of Nicaragua Lake. Here, you can take beautiful pictures of the world’s largest island, Ometepe Island, in a freshwater lake. Nicaragua One Day Tour continues to Catarina´s viewpoint point. This is an amazing extinct crater with a beautiful lagoon and fantastic views of Granada and Nicaragua Lake. You will visit the local hand-craft market to buy excellent clothes, shoes, belts, jewelry, and souvenirs for all your family and friends.
Nicaragua One Day Trip takes you later to visit the majestic Masaya Volcano. This is a fully active crater with gases emanating from it to form an impressive cloud in the sky. On clear days, you can see the lava lagoon in the crater. This is an excellent opportunity to visit a living volcano. From here, you can have amazing views and incredible volcanic landscapes.
Nicaragua One Day Tour continues the journey towards the Colonial City of Granada. Here, you will visit La Merced church, where you can visit the tower and have a fantastic panoramic view of the city and the lake. Also, you will walk through the city center, where you can see the different colonial-style buildings. You will see the local council, the fantastic cathedral, the fortress, and many other colonial homes. Walk by La Calzada, the oldest road in the town made of cobblestones.
Finally, the last stop on your Nicaragua One Day Tour takes you towards the Granada Islands on Nicaragua Lake. Take the boat for a ride around these beautiful islands created by the eruption of the Mombacho Volcano and enjoy the amazing landscapes and fauna. Once we finish this activity, we will start our drive back to Costa Rica.
Rates Nicaragua One Day Tour From Guanacaste (Shared Tour)
|Rate per person|
From Playas del Coco, Ocotal, Hermosa, Riu Guanacaste Hotels, Andaz Papagayo, Secrets Papagayo, Occidental Papagayo, Mangroove Hotel, Planet Hollywood Guanacaste, Four Seasons Peninsula.
|From Tamarindo Beach, Conchal, Flamingo and Potrero.||$190 pp.|
|From Dreams Las Mareas||$190 pp.|
- Rates Plus Taxes.
- Departures on specific dates.
- Shared Transportation and activities.
- Read special requirements before the book.
Nicaragua One Day Tour Regular Tour Includes:
- Shared Transportation
- Tour Guide
- Border Taxes
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Visit Masaya Volcano
- Catarina’s’ Lookout Point and Souvenirs Market
- The Colonial City of Granada
- Nicaragua Lake Boat Tour
- Pick-up times vary depending on your area. This will be communicated to you by email.
- We need Full names, Passport numbers with expiration dates, and citizenship for reservations.
- Passports need at least 6 months before expiring.
- You need a copy of your flight itinerary with you to show at the immigration office. This is a requirement to enter back into Costa Rica.
- Breakfast is taken in Nicaragua. Please bring something with you as we can’t assure you the time we will take at the border.
- Some restrictions and extra visas may apply to India, Asia, and the Middle East citizens.
- Guests coming from South America must carry a yellow fever vaccine card. This is mandatory to enter Nicaragua.
Additional services for your Guanacaste Vacations!