Snorkeling Bat Islands Tour (Islas Murciélago) is truly an experience like no other. The Islands are part of the Santa Rosa National Park, this is a rocky archipelago that enjoys an extraordinary variety of fauna and marine life.
Snorkeling Bat Islands Tour takes approximately 60 to 70 minutes from Playas del Coco, throughout the navigation you will be able to observe the incredible landscapes and mountains of the national park. Also, from time to time, dolphins will also accompany us along the way. During the season it might also be possible to run into humpback whales.
Once in the archipelago, we will take you to San Jose Island where we will find park rangers and camping areas, and facilities. Here you can discover the underwater life and the colorful species of fish, you can also see turtles, mantas and other species. Later you have the possibility to walk around the island, the total tour will take about 60-minutes to complete. On the way back is possible to pass by Witch’s Rock and enjoy some extra snorkeling at the Papagayo Gulf.
Without a doubt, Snorkeling Bat Islands (Islas Murciélago) Tour is something totally different where you can enjoy secluded beaches, crystal clear waters, incredible nature, extraordinary views, and much more.
For safety and due to the strong winds that run during the months of December to April, Snorkeling Bat Islands Tour runs only during the months of May to November. Months during which the navigation and visibility conditions for snorkeling or diving are optimal.
Rates Snorkeling Bat Islands Tour
|Up to 5 People||6 – 8 people|
|Playas del Coco, Playa Hermosa, Ocotal, Riu Guanacaste Hotels, Secrets Papagayo, Occidental Papagayo, Mangroove Resort, Villas Sol. Andaz Papagayo, Four Seasons Peninsula, Planet Hollywood Guanacaste||$500 total.||Add +$85 p.p|
| Note: If you are located in Tamarindo Beach, Flamingo, or Conchal and want to enjoy this tour you must be at Playas del Coco at 7.00.|
Transportation is available.
- Tour operates with 2 people minimum.
- Departure under request.
- Taxes not included.
- Ground Transportation Not Included. Fees apply.
- Santa Rosa National Park Entrance Fee Not included. Add $17 pp.
- Tour Operates During the Months of May – November.
- The tour could be operated during the summer months if wind conditions are safe.
Snorkeling Bat Islands Tour Includes:
- Private Boat.
- Bilingual Crew.
- Snorkel Equipment,
- Safety Equipment,
- Water, Sodas, & Juices.
- Snacks, Dips & Chips
- Tropical Fruits, Beach Lunch
What to bring: A swimsuit, change of clothes, sunblock, insect repellent, hat, sunglasses, Towel and your camera.
Departure: 7.00 AM
Duration: 8 hours approx.
Important Note: In case of suffering from a chronic disease or specialized care, please bring your medications with you and inform our guide, so that we can assist you in the correct way if necessary.
Snorkeling Bat Islands Tour Cancellation Policies
- Tours reserved less than 48 hours before departure must be paid immediately.
- Cancelations made 72 hours before the tour are 100% refundable, bank fees apply.
- Cancelations between 72 – 48 hours are 50% refundable. Bank fees apply.
- Cancelations made within 48- 24 hours or less are not refundable.
- Non-Shows and last-minute cancellations are not refundable.
- Change of date must be done at least 48 hours before the tour, during office hours (8 am-5 pm). Penalties apply. Subject to availability.
- We do not accept guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs. No refund will apply.
- Driver and Tour Guide Tips are not included.
- If for some natural disaster, or human manifestation we have to cancel the tour, this will be rescheduled for a day of your convenience, or we will make the pertinent money refund. Clients’ safety is a priority for us.
- We are not responsible for any luggage or personal valuables lost or damaged during the tour. Please take care of your personals during the tour.